Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Summer (Sorta) Vacation!

I took my last final yesterday, so I'm loading up the family and heading east for our summer-even-though-its-not-technically-summer vacation. For months, Keith & Andrea have been sending me pics of them out at the crags that are 10 minutes from their house. They’ve made me insanely jealous of all of the awesome, uncrowded, barely developed sandstone out there in KY. It looks SOOOO good. We must really want to go, because we are willing to drive 27 hours to get there. I plan on reading several books on the drive.

Some of the persuasive pictures that I’ve gotten from Keith’s iphone over the past few months:

After getting these for nearly a year, it's time to go check it out.


Rubbin' it in.


Bennett getting ready to pull down.


I can't take it anymore!


We are finally going out there. Tomorrow we are loading up the van and heading east for a couple of weeks to check out their new digs (They moved from Philly a year ago) and do some climbing. I know I’m just a shadow of my old climbing self (which isn’t really saying much anyways), but nevertheless, I’m really looking forward to this trip. Here's hoping I don't get a flapper or a broken ankle on my first day out there.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

YAAAAAAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! We are gonna have so much fun! The drive will be totally worth it!!

Can't wait to see you!

Jami said...

I'm so excited. I just seriously need to start packing....

Andrea said...

My good buddy Bart and I did a little hikin' tonight scoping out a few new crags! We could spend a week or more puting up FAs on the rock that we walked in about 2 hours time. It's going to be great! I cant wait for you guys to get here... Drive fast! Dont forget swimming suits for the post climbing jump.
Keith