Friday, April 3, 2009

DP with the Best Utah Rider

Nate likes to ride his bike alot. In fact, this is Nate's first ski day of the year because he's been training so much. Nothing to get you psyched like waking up at 4:30 for skiing, eh Nate? Some of my best ski days ever have been with Nate at the Canyons, so I was pumped to hook up for a rare ski day together.

I've done a few of the pre-work ski days this year and every one has been awesome. Today was no exception. Farmington Canyon has been the choice for the mid-week ski days because of its proximity to where we're currently living and how easy accessible some of the hills are from the parking area.

With this low pressure system over the last couple of weeks, we've gotten so much snow here in the Wasatch. There was a good foot of snow on the road the whole way up the canyon (The plow doesn't come until about 9 am) so just making it to the parking area at the Bountiful Peak turnoff was iffy today, but we got there in time to make three runs before I had to head into the office. With me fighting off a man-cold, I'm glad Nate only had snowshoes and I had my skis/skins to keep us on a level playing field. I don't think I could keep up with him otherwise.

Every time I look at the Wizard's Blog I wish I really knew how to take photos--mine pale in comparison. All well. Perhaps with more practice. On to the photos:

Utah's Best Rider prepping for the down.


Run #1. A poor action shot.



Run #2.


One more time up on flip-flops.


Run #3.

Dawn Patrol w/Nate from Tom Guernessy on Vimeo.

Just like last time, one car in the lot when we were ready to leave. Beautiful.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a life, skiing before work. Way to make a good situation out of snow in April. I won't mention that it was 73 degrees when we went rock climbing at rr gorge yesterday. Oh, wait. I just did.