Saturday, April 11, 2009

Some people are such morons and other stuff

Tax season is over and I have some random thoughts to share.

I think rule #1 that you learn in school (even before not running with scissors) is don't climb the fence at the zoo and jump in the polar bear cage. Heard about this in the news and I had to check it out.



I'm surprised that that lady was able to hang on to the rope what with her being gravity challenged and all. Do you think she was self-conscious about showing her muffin top?

One of my dreams in life is to be on a Japanese game show. I think I'd be awesome in one.



Lastly, when I was 18, after I graduated HS but before I started the next phase of my life (mission) I decided I wanted to go to Yosemite. I didn't have anyone to go with so I decided I would go alone. The problem was is that I didn't have my own wheels at the time, so driving was not an option. And my Mom would NOT be an accessory to me participating in dangerous endeavors. Enter the Am-Trak. I bought a ticket and decided to go for 2 weeks in October. How long did it take to get there on the train & bus? 20 hours Plus an overnight stay in Modesto. Yawn. But it was worth it. I was there for 2 weeks and met some people to climb with out there. It was super cool. I met some Welsh chaps, Miles & Neil who stayed in my campsite. They had this wicked cool tent that was probably 30 years old and I remember them drinking earl gray tea alot. There was a whole group of Welsh dudes there, but I got to know Neil the best.

Anyways, Neil is hardcore. After I had to come home, we made plans to meet up for more climbing in Utah a few weeks later, and had a good time climbing some of Utah's excellent/choss limestone. He came and stayed at our house a few years later with another friend (I forget his name) but I've lost touch with him. Why am I telling you this you wonder? Well, thanks to youtube, I can see he's still a strong bugger. Me? Well...Since we last saw each other I've gotten married and had three kids, so well, um, I'm not doing problems like "Silk Cut" anytime soon. But it's nice to see Neil still pulling down.

Neil doing his thing.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

However will he get down from there? He is a tough dude, maybe he will just jump off.

Andrea said...

Layners! Two weeks till we get to pull on some hard southern sandstone! Cant wait. Did 10 laps on my current favorite route this week to get ready. Hope for no rain!
keith