Monday, June 8, 2009

Campusing the summer away

The city of rocks is only 2 hours or so away, so we made a day trip last Saturday. And then it rained. I did one 5.8 slab in the rain that felt a little dicey. And it was chilly. I pumped gas in Snowville and it was COLD! Then I asked Jami's bros who came with us if they had jackets. After some "Ums" it was clear that it was going to be really cold for some (Ben & Joe) and less cold for others (everyone else). B & J ended up buying cheap blankets from Flying J and wearing them serape style. Excellent. After some wandering with the kids, we tried to find this boulder (Not for that problem, but some others FYI)and were unsuccessful--turned away by rain and lateness of the day. There's always next time I guess.

City of Rocks. We got sorta rained out, sorta kidded out.


Jami & the kids at Castle Rocks State Park, ID.


Craggin' at the pile a few weeks ago.


Sunset over Farmington.



I've been climbing a few times so far this summer. I'm getting a bit stronger than I was, but still a shadow of my pre TRS days (Trenton-Raegy-Sadie). That's okay, because I'm a dad and being a dad is pretty cool. Anyways, I've felt motivated to try and do some strength training and get a bit stronger, so I built a campus board. I have large and small metolius rungs. The smalls feel brutal right now, but when the strength comes in a few weeks (it will) I'll be able to start incorporating them into some of my workouts.

My campus board. The construction is pretty rough, but it'll get the job done.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Love that shot of the Pile. That 11d? i saw a very memorable video filmed there. Cant wait for the Leap
Keith

Nate Page said...

Professional blog post as always. And, I want to steal that picture you took of me skiing a few months back...

Layne said...

There are some pics in "April" down at the bottom. I'll send you the rest of what I have. There is one contingency: You need to post your vids and pics of skiing at the canyons.

Nate Page said...

I will have to find them on my old computer. I lost a few.