Monday, June 22, 2009

Tahoe TR (Trip Report)

The trip was my first time back to Cali since I quit my job out there. Lover's Leap was an awesome climbing area and I was psyched to do a couple of the area classics there. The Line is supposed to be the best 5.9 there and I think it would probably be the best 5.9 at any crag. It was super good and made me want to climb more cracks.

Looking up at The Line.


Jami walking down the sidewalk finish on the last pitch of Bear's Reach.




It was a good day.


The Lake Tahoe Basin is a pretty amazing place. I really started to gain a testimony of how great mountain biking is. They had some incredible singletrack there through the hills. Some of it was right at the maximum of my technical ability, so I had some crashes trying things that were kind of hard for me. I'm pretty green when it comes to mountain biking apparently.

The two docs soaking up the views from the Tahoe Rim Trail.


Boog laughed at me when I got this falling off of a bridge.


Boog carving up the streets.


Our break from driving was a short 4 mile run in the foothills of the Ruby Mountains in Nevada. It was a beautiful day and we had some great views of a spectacular mountain range. I can't wait to ski there some day! The kids had no choice, they were forced to come with us. Notice T's excitement.





Mmm. The San Francisco original.


Postscript: My Kodak is broken so I've been compensating with my camera phone. The quality is not as good, but I still like the pictures.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Jeff felt bad that he laughed at your crash. I know because he told me so. From now on I am limiting his AFV watching until he can improve on his manners and increase his compassion for the misfortune of others.

Layne said...

I don't begrudge the laughing. I'm sure it was worthy of a good laugh because I was just talking to him about how I'm going to fall off the bridge--then I fell off the bridge.

Andrea said...

Man, I wanted an Its-It so bad!!! I saw one at a gas station once but it was breakfast and it didn't seem right just then. But now that I left Cali without having one, I'm cursing my breakfast etiquette.

Nate Page said...

Layne, I would laugh, and then ask if you were okay, and then I would laugh again.

Jami said...

Linds, your comment made me laugh. I need to do some serious AFV regulations myself. :) Layne, you are turning out to be a much more prolific blogger than I am. Thanks for reporting on the trip.