Friday, February 1, 2013

Some Novelty Skiing

The last couple weeks have been rough for me. A couple weeks ago I was in Tucson. The same weekend it was dumping here in SLC. The day I got home I was starting to feel crappy and it got worse and worse. I keep thinking about Andre the Giant saying "he's been mostly dead all day" in the princess bride movie. I've been mostly dead. I didn't want to miss out on the novelty skiing going on in the benches so I went out. And felt pretty terrible. Like get-home-and-come-lay-on-the-bed-without-taking-off-the-ski-boots terrible.

There is a rad little hill at the mouth of Farmington Canyon that we've been skiing. About 500 vertical feet or so, and a 5 minute approach. It's been skiing excellent and has satiated me while my body recovers from being sick.

Twilight skiing.
Ryan diligently was spooning turns to maximize the utility of the ski hill.



Lowest elevation ski tour ever? 4500'.



Kern River built this massive pipeline that goes through Bountiful and Mueller Park. Usually the snow is heavy enough that I avoid it, but  when it is cold, it skis pretty well. 

From the top of Triangle Peak. Sessions Mountain is up the other pipeline scar across the way.

Gas is pretty important. Look how far the pipeline goes.






I love the rime encrusted trees in winter. 



I had fun teaching this sweetie to ski the other day.

No comments: