Saturday, November 13, 2010

Week 45

In Europe, they count weeks. 11/13 week ending is 45. Work wasn't really demanding this week as I'm in between projects at work. I took the opportunity to recreate a bit.

Monday: 4 road miles moderately-hard.

Tuesday: Skied with KDay. One run down main baldy chute. Great snow. KDay lost a ski about half way down and 100 yards later it landed straight up in the snow. Nice! We were pumped it didn't run down the whole mountain. Of course I couldn't pass up THE perfect opportunity to quote Charles Dumar. "He's skiing on one ski!"

KDay playing Where's Waldo.

Not quite first tracks, but the snow was still excellent.



Wednesday: 10 road miles with the biggest hills Kaysville has to offer. Climbing gym in the evening.

Thursday: easy warmup 5 x 2:30 intervals (that is how high the hill is--I prolly need a bigger one, but this hill is so close.)

Friday: Skied Alta approx. 5k vert. Main Baldy, collins, 3 laps on East Greely. The best snow I've skied this year by far. Excellent day.

I was able to squeeze in a few fresh turns on Greely. It was pretty tracked up though. Snooze or lose.



Saturday: Skinned to bountiful peak. 2.2k vert and a small off piste run at the top and tried to avoid any grey spots (rocks), then down the road to the car. Hung with kids. Studied.

Crazy rime crusted tree. The farmington ridge is notoriously windy and this guy sits right on top. Tough tree.


Next week I should start to get a bit faster. I'll finally get my bindings and race skins. Dyna performance won't come for a few weeks so I'll have to just mount the toes only and wait for 12/1 to get the boots. Then I'll really be in business.

No comments: