Monday, February 14, 2011

My feet are weird.

Thanks for the pic Dr. Nelson!


My bone #12 hurts from my ski boots. I can ski all day in them, but they're pretty sore and red afterwards. Is that normal? And I'm in danger of losing a couple of toenails. For this reason I've been considering selling the TLT 5s I have. The problem is what other boot to get? I'm not buying F1's and other viable alternatives don't come out until next fall (La Sportiva Spitfire/Sideral, Scarpa Alien, etc.) I'm not sure if my foot just doesn't fit the dynafits or if my foot is really weird and need special bootfitting.

I can feel the 5th metatarsal touching the side of the boot even with my naked foot in the boot shell (no liner).

4 comments:

Greg said...

Get Jon's dad to do some stretching. He did some work on Jon's boots, and I think that it helped a lot.

Layne said...

I'm going to call him. Hopefully he can help.

Anonymous said...

Chicks in NYC have the 4th metatarsal and toe removed so that they can fit those Jimmy Choo's. I can refer you there too if you would like. You could also get some implants so you look good in Lycra on that ladder.

Your friend in the metatarsal business.

Layne said...

I think I'll try conventional methods first.

The bootfitter I went to has pictures and diagrams of feet in his ski shop. I think he fancies himself as a moonlighting podiatrist.

And lycra... What's not to like about lycra? It's hot!