Sunday, October 4, 2009

Marathon & Moe's Valley

Jami ran the St. George Marathon yesterday. She set a PR with a time of 2:57:48. Nice one Jami!

We woke up at 4:30 so I could drop her off at the race shuttle. With about 4-4.5 hours to kill, I wondered "What to do?" The bouldering guidebook for Moe's Valley says a "4x4 is sometimes necessary & at a minimum, a high clearance 2WD. Don't even attempt this in a passenger car." My corolla thinks it is a truck, so off we went in search of some house sized boulders in the desert. BTW, the road is better than advertised--I made it just fine albeit with a couple of teeth-grinding-i-hope-i-don't-high-center nervous moments.

I had to wait for about an hour for the sky to lighten a little (sun still wasn't up). Even though you can see the city from where I was, it felt nice and tranquil.

The Sentinel.


Power lines add to the ambiance of the area.


I was the only person out and had the place all to myself--hence no pictures of myself. When my weak-sauce hands started opening up, it was time to go, and I still was able to see the Mrs. running the last 6 miles of the race. Bikes at running races are awesome--so fast & easy to get around.

4 comments:

Jami said...

Did you get these pics with your phone? They're pretty. Thanks for making it to the last few miles. I needed your encouragement!

Layne said...

Jami and I really do talk to each other when we're offline too.

Jami said...

We do? ;)

Spencer said...

Great pictures you both. Jamie, very impressive marathon time, you almost beat my marathon time.