Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wild Iris!



I reconnected with some old friends and went to Wild Iris, WY this weekend. One of my favorite spots on earth for sure. It is just outside of Lander, WY, and if you're not a climber, there isn't really much of a reason to go, but for climbers it's shangri-la. With names like the Lord loves a hangin', the devil wears spurs, and when I was a young girl I had me a cowboy you can get a sense of the wild west feel of the area.

We got a late start on Friday and rolled into our campsite at about 1:30 a.m. The stars were so spectacular and bright that I had to sit and look at them for a while before nodding off. Getting out to places like these make life so good. Next time I'll have to bring the kids.


We had some minor car problems.



Everyone was willing to help.


Anthony trying to throw the hoolihan.


I'm bringing my bike next time.


Dead Snag.

1 comment:

julie said...

Layne, may I just say, I love your style of writing.